links

lundi 17 novembre 2014

The Secret to the Perfect Cover Letter


cover letter

Whenever someone asks me to provide them with a sample cover letter that they can use as a template for their own cover letter, my answer is quite simple - NO. I know that it doesn't sound like a very friendly gesture from me, but believe me - examples and templates are not going to help whoever it is you are trying to help at all.

If you have come to my article thinking that I can provide you with the perfect recipe or template that will help you create your own, then, I hate to burst your bubble, but you're not going to find any of that here.
So what is the secret to the perfect cover letter, you ask? It's personalization.
Yes, my friends, personalization is indeed the key to a cover letter worth the attention of the employers whom you are seeking attention from.
I have experienced what it's like to be an applicant - this is an experience that almost all of us have in common. But have you experienced what it's like to be on the other side of the fence? I have. As a recruiter in the past, I have come across literally hundreds of applications, resumes and yes - cover letters. In fact, my work experience as a recruiter has made me value the cover letter even more than when I was an applicant.
While resumes are easy to create or construct because they have a very basic structure, your letter needs your personalization because it is exactly the edge you need to get your employers to notice your application and resume. Your letter tells the tale of your work experience and is your way of reaching out to your future employers as to why you are the perfect person for the job. It will provide your future employers with a glimpse of the kind of person that you are and if you don't personalize - then all you will be is just another resume or applicant - nothing special at all!


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4125909

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

links